Deborah Himmelfarb is a senior program curator with broad live event, branding and management experience. After an extensive career as a media marketing executive culminating in the position of Vice President, Marketing, at Forbes (following management positions at American Express Publishing, Time Inc., and other leading media organizations), Ms. Himmelfarb moved into live program development, bringing creativity, passion and tenacity as well as strong agenda planning, speaker recruitment, speaker management and communication skills.
Most recently, she has brought her expertise in live event programming to industry-leading events including:
- The Smithsonian Institution’s Earth Optimism Summit, a ground-breaking conference spotlighting bold ideas and scalable solutions in conservation (Live event, 2017; Virtual event 2020)
- The "Power of Purpose" conference focusing on corporate social responsibility, presented by AtlanticLive (the event arm of The Atlantic Magazine)
- Two annual New York Times International Luxury Conferences
- The New York Times "Sources and Secrets," a conference on the media, the government and national security
- A series of bespoke New York Times TasteMasters events featuring local cultural luminaries interviewed by New York Times journalists at Park Hyatt hotels (series sponsor) in Paris, Tokyo and NYC
Prior to this, Himmelfarb was Program Director at 92YTribeca, the downtown site of the 92nd Street Y, where she built a robust program of daytime talks featuring eminent historians, Pulitzer Prize-winning writers, museum curators, university department chairs, Broadway directors, James Beard Award winners and authorities on film, fashion, literature, entertainment, NYC and more. She created the popular “Tribeca Neighbors” program series that spotlighted area artists, architects, actors and chefs and built strong links between 92YTribeca and the local community.
At Forbes, in addition to overseeing strategic marketing initiatives for the brand, Himmelfarb curated and produced the annual Forbes CMO Summit, a signature branding event featuring leading marketing innovators, political strategists, crisis management experts and top executive search professionals; The CMO Summit was an exclusive invitation-only event for chief marketing officers from a broad range of business and consumer sectors.